Indian Academy of Cytologists
External Quality Assurance Programme
IAC EQA PROGRAMME BRIEF
The External Quality Assurance (EQA) Programme of the Indian Academy of Cytologists was started in the year 2000 with the aim of helping the participating laboratories to maintain and monitor the quality of reporting on cytopathology specimen in the best interest of patient care and management and also to encourage them to improve and excel in their reporting on cytology samples.
Institutional or individual laboratories, either government or private, either IAC accredited or accredited by any other agency such as NABL, offering cytology services may register for the IAC EQA programme. For IAC accredited laboratories it is mandatory to participate in the IAC EQA programme every year.
Enrolment of new laboratories as well as renewal of already registered labs is done every year only during the period 15 January to 28 February. Mid-cycle registration is not permitted. Every year, beginning from the month of March, the registered laboratories shall be couriered one box containing slides of gynaec and non gynaec exfoliative cytology and fine needle aspiration cytology. Participating laboratories shall receive the EQA response evaluation and a certificate of participation from the EQA Chairperson at the end of the relevant year.
Laboratories desirous of joining this EQA programme may download the EQA registration form from this website and follow the instructions therein. For a detailed view of the EQA programme you may read the relevant pages in the Standard Operating Procedure of IAC also available on this website.
The Chairperson EQA programme may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org for queries, information, comments and suggestions.
Instructions for EQA 2017:
1. The Registration fee is Rs.5000/= for New Registrations which is non-refundable and includes the first year annual participation fee.
2. Subsequently, for all laboratories there will be an Annual Renewal Fee of Rs.2000/=.
3. Please make a Demand draft for the registration or Renewal in the name of “Treasurer, IAC” payable at Chandigarh and mail it along with the registration form
4. Please fill this form in the computer itself, print it out, sign it and mail it to me to the following address:
Department of Cytology & Gynec. Pathology,
Research A Block, 4th floor,
PGIMER, Chandigarh – 160012.
5. Last date for Registration is 26th February 2017
6. An acknowledgment by e-mail will be sent to you in March 2017.